Cantonese Girls

Cantonese Girls

Chinese traditional festival

Mid-Auturm Festival or Moon Festival
                                          
                                                                                First Year




Second Year

Moon Cake

It is one of the most important festival in China. We will have a big dinner with the whole families. Because Mid-Auturm festival is in the full-moon day, so it means "get together" or "reunion" in China. And after the dinner, we will see the full moon together and eat "moon cake". This festival is in October, I cannot have the dinner with my families since I came to America. It was the second Mid-Auturm festival we celebrated in America. Although I could not stay with my families, I would not feel lonely.


Chinese New Year


Writing chinese with brush pen



It is another traditional and important festival in China. The date of chinese new year is in the lunar calendar just like the Moon festival. So it is in different date in every year. We will also have a big dinner with families. And parents and other married relative will give the young people lucky money with red paket. We celebrate the chinese new year in various custom in different area. Feb. 14, 2010 was the first time I celebrated the chinese new year in America. CSSA(Chinese Students Association) hold a big party in the New Year's Eve.

没有评论:

发表评论